A brace is meant to provide support, wherever it may be worn on the body. In this case, the wrist brace is to be used for supporting the wrist. Wrist braces are available in many different styles, materials and sizes and are specifically designed to provide the support that the wearer requires. These can be worn for daily use, while at work, playing sports or for any health related issues, including carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, wrist sprains, broken bones or fractures in the hand or wrist as well. Design and support are the major items manufactures consider when making a wrist brace, but what about wrist brace fashion?
aPAllo Wrist Brace System
The aPallo Wrist day/night brace system is one of the most effective treatments for carpal tunnel syndrome. Additionally, the brace provides optimum support for other wrist injuries including ligament instabilities, sprains, muscle strains, post-operative use and is great to use after removal of a cast or splint. The wrist brace is made up of black breathable fabric, however, some may find it to be a little lacking in the fashion area. Included with the aPallo day brace is a lyrca sleeve to help with the cosmetic appearance and cane be used to provide you a template to create your own brace sleeve in the fabric of your choice.
Wrist Brace Fashion
If you are the type that is fashion savvy, enjoys looking top-notch and avoids braces at all cost due to your need for a more visually appealing garment, then this post just might help you out a bit. We have included some tips for decorating or sprucing up your aPallo Wrist brace to make it fashionable and more visually appealing!
- One easy way to spruce up a drab look is to add some extra fabric. After you have applied your wrist brace, why not decorate it with a colorful bandana to match your outfit! Bandanas are practical, yet stylish items that can be used for many different purposes. All you have to do is wrap the bandana around the wrist brace and tie the ends in a knot. Tuck the knots underneath the fabric, and there you have it, a more visually appealing wrist brace! No one will even know you have one on.
- Make some homemade sock wristbands to cover-up the wrist brace. These wristbands are similar to what rock stars would wear, or an avid jogger. The bands are fashionable, yet very easy to make for casual wear. All you need is a sock with a thick ankle band on it, a pair of scissors and a small sewing kit. Begin by cutting the top stretchy part of the sock off, and then fold it to the hem. Next, you will sew around the edge of the fold, turn it right side out and slip it on. An easy project to do for a rainy day. The great thing about these wristbands is that they are stretchy enough to fit around the brace, but are also tight enough to stay put without sliding all over your arm.
- Tie a bow around your wrist. You can find large, thick ribbon at a craft store and even some buttons to hang off of the bow. Check out how this girl dressed up her wrist brace by clicking here.
- Glitter fabric paint is also an option. At your local craft store you can find varying colors that you can use to decorate your wrist brace. This can be left up to your imagination, paint on any design or symbols that you wish.
- Purchase some colorful Velcro strips and apply them to your wrist brace. You can make patterns or racing stripes and can even attach items to your brace if you need to!
Decorating and sprucing up your wrist brace can be fun, crafty and add a little color to your wardrobe. However, making the most of your situation is the main goal. Have you ever decorated a wrist brace? If so, what did you use and how did you do it? Share your comments and thoughts below.