Buying milk is far from easy these days. When you head down the dairy isle at your local grocery store, you’ll find whole milk, skim milk, 2 percent milk, soy milk, rice milk, coconut milk and almond milk to name a few. The list goes on and on. Milk has taken many shapes and forms since the days of the milk on your childhood bowl of cereal, where the only milk choice you had was the milk your parents purchased. Almond milk contains more nutrients than any other dairy milk or dairy milk alternative on the market –such as rice milk. Almond milk is also a great dairy alternative for individuals with soy or lactose intolerance. Below are some of the many benefits of almond milk.
Benefits of Almond Milk
- Almond milk is great for individuals who are looking to manage their weight. Almond milk that does not contain added flavorings or sugars contains approximately 60 calories per 8 ounce glass. WIth such low amounts of sugar, almond milk is also great for those with diabetes.
- Almond milk is great for your heart health. It contains zero cholesterol and very little sodium (only 5 mg per serving). Drinking, using almond milk on cereal or as an ingredient in recipes is great for maintaining heart health and maintaining a normal blood pressure.
- Almond milk contains protein. Protein is great for those looking to build muscle as well as those looking to lose weight. Protein helps to aid in muscle recovery and also helps to keep you feeling full (this will help prevent unwanted snacking throughout the day).
- Build strong, healthy bones while consuming almond milk. Almond milk contains 30 percent of the recommend value of calcium and 25 percent of the daily recommended value of vitamin D. Calcium and Vitamin D work together in men, women and children of all ages to build strong, healthy bones.
- This type of milk contains 50 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin E. Vitamin E has powerful antioxidant properties that can help to regulate the use and availability of vitamin A. This can mean a healthy, radiant complexion.
- Almond is also great for the health of your eyes. The Vitamin A that is found in almond milk can help to keep your eyes functioning properly and allow your eyes to easily adjust to different types of lighting.
- Almond Milk has a longer shelf life. If you often find yourself tossing milk down the drain, almond milk may be for you. You can reap the health benefits without the waist.
- Almond Milk does come in flavors. If you have a household full of children who love chocolate milk, they can enjoy chocolate almond milk while you enjoy knowing the health benefits they are receiving.
Almond milk has many benefits for your entire body from your eyes all the way down to the bones in your feet. Almond milk is beneficial for individuals of all ages. This diary alternative allows you to enjoy a delicious glass of milk with many added benefits.